Pages

Jan 31, 2007


Okay, I'm back! You may have noticed the elk above. Maybe not. Haha, yeah right! If you missed THAT elk you're blind. That elk is about 577 inches! Is that crazy or what? Of course it's a farm raised elk so it's not eligible to be entered into B&C, but I do believe it is (or will be) listed in SCI's record book under "Estate" (which means it was taken on a game ranch.)

No matter where it was killed it's still freakin' huge so I thought everyone else might like to see it.

Also, if you're not keeping up with the AZOD forum or the AAF website than you might not be aware of an antelope transplant happening in Arizona's Unit 19A. Not 100% positive where the antelope are going, but I believe they're going to either 5A or 5B. I'm working on finding out more about all the factors behind this operation.

I'm also planning on volunteering during one of the capture days so I'll try and get some cool pictures of the capture and post them after I'm back.

Tally Ho!

2 comments:

jhull said...

Welcome back, Where are all the pics of Antelope from other SCI booths? Make any good contacts? Sell out your 2007 hunts yet?

Eli Grimmett said...

We went to the show with 6 hunts and sold them all.

Other SCI antelope? Hm...aside from our booth it was pretty weak as it usually is. There were really only two other booths where there were any kind of big antelope. Bucks & Bulls was one of them. That's Kim Bonnet's outfit. As far as I know they only guide for antelope on one New Mexico ranch and one Utah ranch.

The other outfit with only two big antelope in their booth was Beaverhead Outfitters.

Now, I don't endorse either of the above outfits, but my Dad is actually friends with Kim - and Kim has made certain that all his guides have watched our video "Size Is Everything." I think that's great. Haha. So, I'm guessing that Bucks & Bulls might be a pretty good outfit to hunt with.

As for Beaverhead, I know nothing about them except for that they have a ranch in New Mexico.

We always seem to make new contacts. We did hook up with a guy who has a TV show and we're going to try and produce a pronghorn episode for him for this next season. Hopefully all of it works out.

Also, we're working with a bronze sculptor to get some bronzes done of the biggest antelope in the world.

As more of this fun stuff comes to fruition I'll be posting some blogs about it.